Sell Your House: 10 Top Tips On Selling Your Home!
1.Having made the decision to sell and move on, emotionally move out and begin by taking a look at your house through a critical buyer's eyes.
2. First impressions are lasting impressions. Studies show that the the majority of buyers know whether they're are going to make an offer on a property within just 5 minutes of a viewing! Make sure the entrance, garden/patio are all spick and span and the whole house is spotlessly clean, tidy and looking its best.
3. De-clutter and remove as many personal items as possible without denuding the property. Leave surfaces clear, although you are still living in the property the buyers need to be able to imagine themselves living there surrounded by their own belongings, not yours.
4. Complete all the odd jobs you have been meaning to do, if necessary, redecorate any areas of the house that are looking tired, attend to cracks and damp patches as such things will definitely put a potential buyer off.
5. Never underestimate the value of fresh flowers, a bowl of fresh fruit in the kitchen or a table nicely set for dinner.
6. Ensure the house smells nice, take any animal out of the house during the viewing, remove its bed, bedding and toys, light some scented candles, grind coffee beans or brew fresh coffee just before the viewing.
7. Living Rooms: get rid of all unnecessary items such as papers, medications, knitting, etc.
8. Kitchen: wash all the dishes pots and pans and put them away, empty the dishwasher clean the hob top and oven and clear all the work tops to give a feeling of good hygiene and space.
9. Bathrooms: ensure the whole bathroom is spotlessly clean with clean fresh towels remove or put away personal items. always put the toilet seat down.
10. The Viewing: DO NOT follow the buyer around, you will make them feel uncomfortable, let your agent conduct the viewing as it is their job to sell the property. Only answer direct questions with concise direct answers, don't offer information. Your idea of something good may put the buyer off, Your positives could be their negatives!